HireTrack Eclipse 2.4
Navigator Systems are pleased to announce the release of HireTrack Eclipse
version 2.4. What follows is a brief listing of what's new, what's changed, and
what's fixed. The documents that explain how to perform the upgrade and how to
get the upgrade files can be viewed at the following addresses:
VISTA & 64-bit. COMPATIBILITY
B. GENERAL NEW FEATURES
C. BARCODE SCANNING - MC50/70
E. MULTI-SITE CHANGES
F. DATABASE CHANGES
G. CHANGES TO ANCILLARY
H. MINOR ENHANCEMENTS & BUG FIXES
VISTA & 64-bit. COMPATIBILITY [top]
Getting HireTrack Eclipse to run under Vista and 64 bit incarnations of
Windows (including the XP edition) has has been a major part of the development
cycle for version 2.4. In this respect we are very much ahead of the game
compared to many other software products in the market place at the time of
release (June 2007). By ensuring that Eclipse is fully Vista and 64 bit Windows
compatible we have secured the future for product for many years to come.*
- Aero graphics, including Glass effects. Eclipse is now able to
adopt all the new Vista themes and looks wherever Microsoft permit this. One
limitation is with MDI child forms which Microsoft do not allow display Aero
- Task Dialogs - these replace the old fashioned message dialogs.
Task Dialogs in Vista can incorporate greater functionality and set new
standards in providing users with intuitive feedback in applications.
- Token - users of the new generation 64-bit machines and operating
systems can now upgrade to a new style (Copy Minder) token for Eclipse that
does away with any dependency on 16-bit processes that are no longer
supported on 64 bit Windows. Contact email@example.com
if you need a 64-bit compatible token.
NOTE: Eclipse 2.4 does not require you to upgrade to a Copy
- Windows Shell / File control - In accordance with new standards for
writing files to local drives, Eclipse now outputs all initialisation files,
log files etc to the following path: %PUBLIC_SHARED%\NAVIGATOR
- Installation - the new Copy Minder token relies on a standalone
application/service running on the server to manage the concurrent licensing
in Eclipse. As such, the installation of the server part of the Eclipse
installation must take place on the server itself. Also, in order to assist
with the management of data files and the configuration of the BDE
Administrator on workstations, the installer automatically creates the
following folder structure for you:
[DRIVE\:ROOT FOLDER]\HireTrack Eclipse Shared
[DRIVE\:ROOT FOLDER]\HireTrack Eclipse Shared\Company1
[DRIVE\:ROOT FOLDER]\HireTrack Eclipse Shared\Token
[DRIVE\:ROOT FOLDER]\HireTrack Eclipse Shared\NETDIR
[DRIVE\:ROOT FOLDER]\HireTrack Eclipse Shared\License Control
NOTE: the new installation requirements will only affect new customer
or existing users upgrading to a 64-bit Windows environment.
- Vista Security model. Vista introduces many more restrictions on
what non-administrator users can do on workstations. If Eclipse needs to
perform a task that now needs administrative privileges to run, the user
will be informed of the situation. Furthermore, we have tried to address
most of these functions in the actual installation of Eclipse itself when an
Administrator will be logged into the workstation. As such, we expect
minimal interference and downtime for regular users when setting up Eclipse
on their Vista workstations.
B. GENERAL NEW
FEATURES & ENHANCEMENTS [top]
- Scanning barcodes - when prompted that an item is reserved you are now
given the Eqlist ref and Job ref it is reserved on.
- The equipment list now has additional colour coding for lines: composites
and aliases appear with the same background colour you see in the equipment
book; consumable types appear in purple text.
- Purchase Orders. The mechanism for recording the part number and
description of items purchased from suppliers has been improved.
Specifically, you are no longer forced to pick from the list of existent
items if the new description you are typing has similar text. The previous
design could result in the misalignment of part numbers and descriptions in
your suppliers database. In addition, the search criterion used to determine
whether new items are added to the database now takes the current supplier
- Equipment Book - the number of Types you can have defined is now raised to
20,000 from previous limit of 10,000;
- Equipment List - the alternative views on your equipment now users
friendly colouring for Terminal Services users who only have access to 256
- Equipment Book - multi-edit of barcodes where you are transferring site
ownership now writes this to the audit trail and adjusts stock levels.
- Accounts Book - you can now 'smart search' a Job Title filter.
- Job Book - the contacts viewer/editor button now has dynamically added
hints to reflect the meaning of its different colour states.
- Equipment Book - You can now only delete Equipment Types if you have
access to the Stock Edit page.
- Equipment Book - multi-edit options now ask you to confirm that you really
do want to go ahead and make bulk edits.
- Equipment Book - The Hidden flag now has 3 states: unchecked,
checked and greyed/marked. If greyed/marked equipment completed
invisible in Popstock, even if the 'Show Hidden' option is on. The label for
this option now refers to "Visibility"
- Equipment Book - "Visibility" has been added to the Multi-Edit
- Subhires - the allocation window now displays the equipment list Title and
Date Out/ Date Back fields
- Transport and Equipment Lists - you can now link a transport request
with one or more equipment lists. You can do this directly in an Equipment
List or on the Transport page of the Job Book by double-clicking the grid
that displays all the equipment lists that are linked to a transport
request. The data is stored in a table called TransEqlNew.db
- Crystal Reports: report files are automatically verified before they are
run which will significantly reduce the chance of users having to manually
upgrade reports as a result database change to Eclipse.
- Outlook integration: the mobile phone number for companies is now copies
to and from Outlook when synchronising contacts.
- Invoices now have a "Created By" and "Paid" field
- Crew Headers now have a Title field that can hold up to 30 characters
- Accounts Book - Invoices and Purchase Orders. Data from Sales Book no
longer appears if users have no access to these modules. Filtering for Paid
status has been extended to rental invoices and orders. Filtering for
Printed status has been extended to Sales Book invoices and the filtering
from Completed status has been extended to Sales Book purchase orders. The
controls for managing the filters have been streamlined into drop down
- Accounts Book - An Edit menu now has a number of Rental and Sales
options for setting the Paid, Posted, Completed, Printed etc flags for
Invoices and Orders. It will set to either True or False and will only set
what is currently available in the grid (filter sensitive). One of the
reasons for this is that after the upgrade users could have thousands of
invoices set to UnPaid (new field) and only they can say which ones they
want to set to be Paid (e.g. use a date filter)
- Serial Nos. - Length has been raised to 50.
- HireBook - There is now a button on the toolbar that allows you to toggle
in the Equipment List View whether you see the Client Name or the Job
- HireBook - There is now a button on the toolbar that allows you pop up a
key/legend that explains the colour coding in the Equipment List View
- Accounts Book - Opening the Accounts Book now opens in less than half the
time taken in previous releases of Eclipse.
- Accounts Book - Applying filters on the Invoices and Orders pages is now
up to 50 times faster.
- Accounts Book - Footers on the Invoices and Orders pages now display
totals for all the currencies that documents have been raised in.
- Accounts Book - You can now define default equipment hire Price Schemes
per customer, per currency, per site.
- Purchase Orders - Main Contract can now lookup contracts linked to the
- Equipment List - Return Select function - you are now prompted if you want
to return selected consumables.
- Job Book - you can now view / edit (subject to access rights) accounts
setup details for the customer on a job.
- Equipment Book - Barcoded composites are now colour coded.
- Equipment Book - barcoded composites. You can now double click the lists
of barcoded to select and de-select them.
- Job Navigator - selecting a filter option now automatically sets its
paired checkbox as checked.
- Email - emails sent from Job Book have the option to paste Job Title, Job
Ref or Job Dates into the Subject
- Invoices - New rule called "Strict Invoicing" introduced. This
disables the invoice for manual edits to Qty, Description and Price, so
Quick Invoice or the Invoice Wizard have to be used. New records cannot be
added but records can be deleted. Invoices raised with this option use a
grey font for their lines.
- Crew Orders- You can now raise unbound purchase orders against crew
allocations, i.e. without any reference to Crew Pay.
- Crew Orders - New rule added to allowing users to specify what dates
Eclipse should paste into the text of the PO line:
Use Scheduled Dates in Description
Use Pricing Dates in Description
Use No Dates in Description
- Crew Orders - You can now edit crew orders because we have introduced a
link between the line on an order and the crew allocation line on the crew
page. Editing or deleting lines on an order will feedback to the purchasing
costs on the crew allocation line
- Crew Orders - You now have the option of raising a single order to a
Company supplier for any number of selected crew
- Crew Orders - There is now an option to re-use existing orders raised to
specific people that are already on the job
- Transport Costs & Purchasing. You can now assign costs and a supplier
to each line of requested transport. Then you are able to raise purchase
orders for selected transport lines. The purchase order lines are bound to
transport lines so you can edit these as required and the data will
- Job Book - Contacts viewer (launched from green
button)- when selecting a contact this is now pasted into the main contact
field for the job header.
- Subhires - the equipment grid is now coloured coded along the lines of the
Equipment list grid.
- Warehouse Book - subhires now indicated by being highlighted in green
- Reporting - Email Address and Web URL fields added to your address details
(see Configuration Book)
- Accounts Book - selecting a filter option now automatically sets its
paired checkbox as checked.
- Accounts Book - 'smart search' dialog now used for people searches in the
- Emailing - Improved feedback loops and error trapping for SMTP are now
included. This should assist uses who have had problems sending email via
SMTP narrow down the causes of any errors.
- Emailing - Sending by SMTP is much faster due to changing in the way the
logging system works..
- Planner Book - Crew Page. Searching for crew now uses the more powerful
'Smart Search' popup.
- Equipment List - the availability checking routine that fires when
changing the quantity of a composite items is now MUCH faster.
- Main Window -Users menu now has scrolling facilities for long lists of
users. This replaces the "More.." submenu technique previously
- Currency - The Euro is now supported for the Greek and Slovenian locales.
- Warehouse Book - Maintenance page now has Serial # and Purchase Date
fields (read only)
- Job Book - Cloning Crew and Transport. The 'clone plus (+)' tool-buttons
now prompt for the number of days you want to add to the cloned records
- Job Book - adding a contact: you are now prompted to confirm you wish to
- New Address Book entries - you can now assign default Payment and Purchase
Terms as a Rule in the Configuration Book
- Equipment Book - Stock In/Out/Edit Pages. Notes field now support 75
characters, Reference fields support 25 characters
C. BARCODE SCANNING -
MC50/70 SUPPORT [top]
Following the withdrawal (in Europe) of the Symbol SPT units, customers have
been demanding a replacement portable barcode scanner that will integrate with
Eclipse. The Symbol MC50 and MC70 Windows Mobile devices and have proved to be
ideal alternatives and we have written software for them that will work with
Eclipse 2.4. For full details on the MC50/70s see http://www.navigator.co.uk/Eclipse_MC50_Help/
for more details on obtaining the devices pre-loaded with our software, or, if
you already own some MC50/70s, to purchase our custom software for them.
The MC50/70 units also offer scope for developing real time wireless scanning
solution in Eclipse, with instant feedback on problems and issues to be dealt
with. The next stage of our development schedule will introduce a standalone
interface for scanning wirelessly with the Eclipse database, introducing even
more efficiency and flexibility into your warehouse operations (projected
release Autumn 2007).
D. REPORTING [top]
- Taxation functions. Increasingly users have been asking to display the
amount of tax due in quotations, confirmations etc; unfortunately
replicating the way Eclipse implements taxation in a report is not a simple
task, particularly if you need to break it down into the 4 billing
categories: rental, sales, crew and transport. So we have written a plug-in
set of functions for Crystal Reports in the form of an ActiveX component
that can be installed on all your Eclipse workstations. An installation of
the CRUFL_EclipseFunc.dll is available from www.clubnavigator.co.uk
or from HERE
The instructions for use appear in the installation screens but are also
installed as a file called "CRYSTAL EXTRA FUNCTIONS README.rtf". A
sample report called "E8_QuoteTaxesExample.rpt" is also installed
with the installation.
- All report files are automatically verified before they are run, which
will significantly reduce the chance of users having to manually upgrade
reports as a result database change to Eclipse.
E. MULTI-SITE CHANGES [top]
Revisions to multi-site operations have focused on three key areas:
- improved stock transfer routines, both for job base loans or longer term
inter-site transfers, with more accurate availability predictions.
- improved tracking of stock movements.
- stricter controls on what can happen and when it can happen in the stock
Key to fulfilling the above are the additional statuses that have been
added for inter-site loans. Below are two tables that help explain how they
||Job Transfer Function
||Inter-Site Loan Function
||Donor site cannot supply
||Synchronised to equipment
list Quote status.
||Borrowing site initiates a
request for equipment
||Synchronised to equipment
list Provisional status
||Donor site provisionally
agrees to loan
||Synchronised to equipment
list Confirmed status
||Donor site confirms agrees to
||Filter for Dispatch Notes
& notification for borrowing site. Changing equipment list status
no longer has an impact
||Donor Site sends equipment.
Kit not available for either site at this stage
||Notification to donor site
||Borrowing site receives the
kit and availability for that site increases accordingly
||Filter for Returns Notes
& notification for donor site
||Borrowing site sends kit back
to donor site and availability for that borrowing decreases
||Notification for borrowing
site the equipment is back at donor site
||Equipment Received by donor
site and availability for that site increases accordingly
First we notice Job Transfers now have a status associated with them, that
are linked to, but independent of, the equipment list status of the borrowing
site. These status do NOT have an impact of the availability of equipment
since the all job based inter-site loans are still assumed to be be going
ahead if the job is going ahead. However these statuses will offer warehouse
managers a lot of assistance in tracking the process of dispatching and
returning kit in the Job Transfers Book (more details below).
Next we see that the Accepted status that has been used by Eclipse
until now has been changed to Confirmed in order to be consistent with
the way both equipment lists statuses and Inter-site Job Transfers work. The
additional statuses (Dispatched/Received/Returned/Completed)
allow Eclipse to record where equipment is. In addition, for Inter-Site Loan,
the availability of equipment at donor and borrowing sites now takes into
account what stage in the movements process the equipment is, such that
only when equipment is Received by the borrowing site does have an
impact on availability. Similarly, when equipment is returned to its donor
site it only becomes available again when the transfer is set to
Completed. During the 2.4 upgrade Eclipse sets all lines with status Accepted
to Received .
Inter-Site statuses are dynamically filtered according to whether you are a
donor site or borrowing in order to control what the user is allowed to do.
This makes the processing of inter-site transfers more streamlined and
reliable. The rules are as follows:
So, only a donor site can set a status to dispatched, only a borrowing site
can set a status to received & returned, only a donor site can set the
status to Completed.
2. Inter-site Loan Books
i. Stock Transfer
You can now transfer selected stock ownership to the borrowing site
(either site can do it). You currently need two permissions: Stock Edit
access and a new permission called Multi-site Transfer. All stock transfers
are logged to a new table called MS_Audit.db which has the following
EqLineRef: integer (for eqlist transfers only)
The transferType field can be looked up in another new table:
MS_AuditTypes.db. Field values for ID and TransferDescription are:
Reports can easily be written for inter-site stock transfers that allow
you to see what went were, when and why.
ii. Barcode scanning.
You can now scan items (including barcoded composites) onto and off
Inter-site loans. A radio group specifies what scanning action you are
undertaking and this radio group
is captioned according to whether you are the donor or receiving site. The
process works like this:
"Send Out" mode - Scan item. If request found then it processed
added to the TxfCode.db table. The status for the line is set to
"Receive Back" mode - Scan item. If request found then it
removed from the TxfCode.db table. The status for the line is set to
"Receive In" mode - Scan item. If request found then the status
for the line is set to 'Received'
"Return" mode - Scan item. If request found then the status for
the line is set to 'Returned'
When the list of barcodes dispatched is view by the donor site this
dialog is now READ ONLY to prevent users removing them accidentally.
iii. Deleting lines
The delete button now has a drop down menu to allow you to:
a) Delete Selected loans
b) Delete Denied loans
c) Delete Completed loans
iv. Shipping Details
You can enter a 30 character air bill or courier ref for selected lines
in the grid. Just click the icon 'make-a-note' icon on the toolbar.
v. Status filter
You can now filter by status.
vi. Global Status dropdown combo
You can now globally change the status of selected lines (subject to
vii. Needed by date
You can now specify when you need a loan by.
3. Job Transfers Book
The Job Transfers form has under gone several significant changes that
should make it far easier to work with.
You can now set the status of each line in the grid. If you want
to change the status of all the lines in an equipment list you can click
in the cell for the equipment list header (blue border). You are able to
filter by status as well.
ii. Shipping Details
You can enter a 30 character air bill or courier ref for selected lines
in the grid by click in the cell you are interested in to invoke the
editor. If you want to enter shipping details for all the lines in an
equipment list you can click in the cell for the equipment list header
Two printing facilities are offered:
a) a global print of everything in the grid, using the print icon on the
toolbar. This option replaces the simple 'grid dump' in earlier version of
Eclipse with a high quality report.
b) each equipment list header has a print icon associated with it that
builds a menu from the report entries in the Configuration Book. The
upgrade to 2.4 ships and installs Dispatch and Returns notes for these
menus so that donor and borrowing sites can print out documentation to go
with the items they are shipping
iv. Opening Equipment Lists
You can now open the equipment list that is requesting equipment from
the Job Transfers window. This is subject to permissions, so you would
need to either be looking at your Needs tab or have access to all sites.
4. Equipment Book
i. Barcoded stock
There are now Global and Local Barcoded fields
ii. Stock Transfers
On the Types page there's a stock transfer icon next to the Local Own
field. If you have Stock Edit access and a new permission called
Multi-site Transfer the icon is enabled. Clicking the icon popups up a
form that allows you to transfer "local own minus local barcoded
" amount of stock to a site of your choice. Any barcoded items need
to have their owner changed as we currently do it.
iii. Stock Edit Filters
In addition to the current filters you can now:
Show All Stock Edit Entries
Show InterSite Transfers Only
Hide InterSite Transfers
Remember: details of all intersite transfers are written to the
iv. Item Filter
You can now filter by a barcode's Location
5. Equipment List Changes
i) All changes here relate to the "Keep" function. The
Config Book now has a new RULE: "MS Keep as Stock Transfer". If
this is set and the user has "Multi-site Stock Transfer"
permissions then all that doesn't originate from the Return site will be
transferred to the Return site. All barcodes will be transferred accordingly
and stock edit entries will indicate donor and receiving sites as well as
the Transfer Type being recorded. You are only allows to Keep if everything
is back from the job. Un-keeping reverses the stock transfer. If the
"MS Keep as Stock Transfer" rule is not set then Keeping works as
it always did.
ii) When scanning equipment out the location of the barcode in
question is taken into account and Eclipse attempts to match it to a site
specified on the line .
iii) Reserving Barcodes - you can now only see items that are owned
by the site specified on the line .
iv) Barcode search popup form now displays the owner site of the
6. Hire Book Changes
i) There is now an ALL checkbox next to the Site filter dropdown.
If checked then the Equipment Lists, Subhires and Overdue pages include data
from all sites. The Shortfall Page however must continue to be site
ii) Double clicking on the Owned column on the Shortfall page pops up
that amount of stock globally owned by the company
iii) The equipment list page now displays rentals that are returning
to your site on a grey background..
7. Planner Book Changes
There is now an ALL checkbox next to the Site filter dropdown. If checked
then the Jobs, Crew and Transport pages include data from all sites.
8. Popstock Changes
The "Own" column now always shows data for the same site the
the "Avail" column is displaying. Previously,
"Own" displayed stock levels for the logged in site.
F. DATABASE CHANGES [top]
Autotext.db - unique index added to Counter field. This
should prevent duplicate entries in table.
Reference field lengthened to 25 chars,
Notes field lengthened to 75 chars.
Cal.db - unique index added to EventRef field. This should
prevent duplicate entries in table.
Config1.db - your email address and web site address fields
Crew_header.db - Title field added (30 chars)
Crew.db - index added to eqlno field to make linking to this
field possible in reports
CrewOrders.db - index added on PORef field. This allows you
to link the table into reports. Fields added: POLineRef, Amount
Defcon field changed from ShortInt to LongInt. This allows links to
Defcon.db table to work correctly in reports.
DirtyFlag field added for future use
Eqlists.db - MainSite field changed from shortInt to Integer - this
allows you to link the Location.db table to this field with Crystal Reports
Ext_Company - Default Price scheme field added for each
currency. These allows site specific customer based pricing to be
Invoice.db - CreatedBy and Paid fields added
Items.db - Serialno field extended to 50 characters
Ms_audit.db - new table to manage multi-site stock edits.
Ms_auditTypes - new lookup table for multi-site stock edits
POrder.db - Paid field added
Purcihed.db - Completed field added (Sales Book table only)
Rules.db - numerous 'spare' fields added to allow more rules
to be added in the future
Saleihed.db - Printed field added (Sales Book table only)
DirtyFlag field added for future use
InterSiteStatus field added to store the status of intersite loans.
TransEqlNew.db - new table to managed linking transport to
TransCosts.dfb - new table to manage linking transport costs
to purchase orders
TxCarrierRefs - new table to store Shipping details for
inter-site transfers and loans
TxCode - gains a TimeStamp field
G. CHANGES TO
ANCILLARY APPLICATIONS [top]
All the applications listed below have been made Vista compatible, plus:
Accounts Export Utility -
i) Maximum length of export path raised from 80 chars to
ii) Checks now for exclusive access to export tables
before exporting; this will be useful for Terminal Server users who
unwittingly have more than one instance of the programme running.
iii) Date driven export filenames are now generated
before each export, rather than when the export form is opened.
iv) Reports have databases verified before export is run.
Archive Utility -
i) now keeps track of links between invoice lines and
archived equipment list lines.
ii) now has a column for selecting rows.
iii) defaults to filtering out Archived jobs.
iv) now provides feedback on the causes for jobs not
Configuration Book -
i) fix to filtering reports on Usage and Consignment
ii) Email Address and Web URL fields added to your
iii) Rules: you can now specify default Payment and
Purchase Terms for new Address Book entries
iv) Rules: you can now specify 'Strict Invoicing' (see
New Features #34)
v) Rules: you can now specify how dates appear on 'Crew
Orders' (see New Features #36)
Toolbox applications -
i) The Report Master now supports Authenticated
ii) Job Schedule now has a Daily Schedule
iii) Crystal Reports Set Locations now scans
the Templates folder.
Multi-company Utility. -No longer writes path changes
to the BDE configuration files and registry (unless explicitly requested).
The overcomes the requirement to give users full control over some files and
Eclipse Database Repair. - now checks if any users
are running BDE applications before it proceeds to check the database.
Active users are displayed.
H. MINOR ENHANCEMENTS & BUG FIXES
- Scanning a barcode when an eqlist is grouped by category or road case
could result in an error 'Type code not found on this list'.
- Adjusting the quantity of composite component would result in the
components having a price calculated against it.
- Popstock - in Multi-select mode, if you were not on the main tab
when closing Eclipse would generate an error.
- Barcode scanning - user customisable sounds have been added for
- Item code scanned in
- Type code scanned out
- Type code scanned in
- HireBook - Multi-site availability. Early returns to the same site as the
dispatching site were not being taken into account.
- Sales Book - setting the Qty ordered to be lower than the Qty Invoiced
would generate an error instead of a warning.
- Global Purchase Orders - allocated jobs can now refer to archived jobs.
- Leaving modal dialogs unanswered for too long (about 10 minutes) after
starting Eclipse would result in an error regarding finding the token.
- Creating a New Job while on the Notes page of the Job Book would generate
an SQL error.
- Eqlist - Copying shortages to a hire extension no ignores consumable items
- Eqlist - It was possible to set the Back Date of a hire to be before the
Start Date under some circumstances.
- Crew Pricing (Script). The max() and min() functions always returned an
integer rather than a real number.
- HireBook. The Availability View on the Shortfall pages was showing an
extra day which in itself could display incorrect availability figures. Both
the Hire List View and the Availability View display 14 days now.
- Job Locking. In rare circumstances all jobs could behave as if they were
locked. This was caused be the first record in the table Orderno.db having
its locked status set.
- Job Book - Scrolling to locked jobs while on the Crew page could result in
a error message regarding read only datasets.
- Navigator Window - now functions correctly when working in dual monitor
mode. It was possible for the window to open without any controls appearing
- Crew Header Frames - a number of screen drawing issues have been
corrected, mainly related to dragging and dropping requests between frames
and deleting the last line of the last visible frame.
- Job Book - Quick Search drop down now respects multi-site rules for the
visibility of jobs.
- Component Info. form now tells you the underlying field name for lookup
fields that are commonly used in drop down boxes.
- MulitSite - HireBook, Late Returns. Entries appearing that have been
booked by another site now appear in red. You are only able to open these
lists if you have MS access rights to all sites.
- Priced Aliases - If a consumable is put into a priced alias its category
was changed to that of the master rental item, and so it shows up in the
- Equipment Book - changes to barcoded composites could in rare
circumstances result in the table that stores the definitions of all
barcoded composites to be emptied.
- Equipment List - if Venue field has the focus the Alt key no longer pops
up the smart search window.
- MultiSite - switching sites would result in the wrong print menu (printer
group) for the current user being created for each Eclipse form.
- MultiSite - subhires could show the incorrect availability by taking into
account the subhires raised by other sites.
- Job Book - Transport page. Switching jobs using the "Last 5"
dropdown before updating a new transport record would result in the new
record attaching itself to the job you were switching to.
- Invoice Wizard - The rule for how to charge for Consumables was only being
applied if the invoice was invoiced using item prices.
- Sales and Orders Books - changing the tax code in the headers didn't
update the taxcode on the lines.
- Order Book - never went to last Order when book first opened.
- Eqlists - if the job header's Start and End dates were both TODAY then
when creating a new list the back date was being set to TOMORROW.
- Main Form - minimizing then restoring the main application form would
result in full screen book forms re-sizing to smaller window frames.
- Accounts Book - filtering invoices and orders on people. When changing
person, the filter was not reset.
- Accounts Book - filtering invoices and orders on amount. Could result in
filter errors if '=','>','<' signs were used.
- Scrap Book - Multi-Site availability. This book wasn't taking inter-site
loans into account if an equipment list hadn't been opened already in
- Equipment Book - actions that involve stock edit appends (e.g. un-deleting
a barcode) now clear any active filters on the Stock Edit page. If filters
are active not all the data (e.g. username) gets written to the new record.
- Job Book - in built Word Processor. Inserting a report would result is the
print engine in Eclipse being closed down and subsequent Print Preview
reports would fail with Error 512.
- Emailing Reports - reports that contained their own record selection
formula but with no Filters setup in their Configuration Book entry would
have their record selection formula ignored when the export was run.
- Equipment List - editing fields like Price, Reserved and Case no longer
fires the availability checking code so making changes is quicker.
- Equipment List - Total Value of equipment field now displays correctly if
value > 999,999.00
- Equipment List - Popstock no longer generates an error when equipment is
selected while the Picture form is open.
- Invoice and Purchase Order notes: if after typing directly into the Notes
field on these forms you minimize them and then visited another job, your
edits to the notes were not saved.
- Equipment Book - when setting an existing type to be an Alias, weights and
measures are set back to zero (user prompted with option to cancel action)
- Equipment Book - you can no longer post a stock IN or OUT with a Quantity
that is null, 0 or less than 0.
- Equipment List - Deleting a composite type is no longer allowed if any of
its components have been dispatched.
- Equipment List - you can no longer edit the line discount field on
"Price Locked" lists
- Email - attachments sent as a .dat file. This was caused by the file name
picking up illegal characters from a Job Title or Ref, for example, a colon
- Equipment List - We've have finally nailed down the bug with scanning
barcodes out that can result in barcode data errors that i) give the
appearance of barcodes never being sent out, and ii) result in Out / Back
inconsistencies that have require direct data editing to resolve.
* Note on Vista compatibility.
Over the years many customers have commissioned custom utilities from us
that have augmented their everyday use of the Eclipse. We have no reason
to believe that these will not continue to work under Windows Vista, but in
the event of an incompatibility we regret that we will not be able to remedy
the problems free of charge. Contact us directly for upgrade costs.