HireSCAN for HireTrack Eclipse
HireSCAN for HireTRACK Eclipse is the first phase of the release of a new generation of HireTRACK rental software tools from Navigator Systems Ltd. HireSCAN is the culmination of over three years of research and development into the RFID technology that has produced the revolutionary HireTAG system. HireSCAN has also resulted in the development offered by WI-FI mobile scanning devices.
HireSCAN Software Solution
HireSCAN is a comprehensive software solution for warehouse operations that involve dispatching, returning, inspecting and tracking of equipment. HireSCAN is able to accommodate data inputs from a wide range of devices and files which it then processes through a new unified scanning engine that is interleaved with the current barcode system used by HireTRACK Eclipse. HireScan also affords the new possibilities offered by RFID and HireTAG.
HireSCAN Warehouse Operations
HireSCAN is designed to radically transform the area of warehouse operations, significantly improving efficiency and reducing workloads with features such as:
- parallel preparation of equipment lists
- real time feedback and equipment list display on handhelds
- ergonomic touch-screen user interfaces and much much more.
HireSCAN – Windows and Handheld:
HireSCAN for Windows
- A 'heavy duty' universal desktop application written for touch-screens that can handle inputs from the HireTAG system, portable batch scanners, RS232 barcode scanners, file imports or even hand typed data. HireSCAN for Windows offers the fastest, most powerful and most comprehensive HireTRACK warehouse facilities for your staff.
- An application written for WI-FI compatible barcode scanners that have Windows CE 5.0 installed. HireSCAN runs in a web browser (currently Internet Explorer only) and communicates over your wireless network with a HireSCAN Handheld Windows service that is installed back on a workstation. The user is able to select equipment lists, filter equipment by category and response to prompts after scanning items. And with all the database processing being carried out back at the workstation the application is lightweight and very data efficient.
HireSCAN frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- Do I need to buy a Datalogic Memor or will any type of hand held device do ?
- Do I get both the handheld and Windows software when I purchase a license ?
- The HireSCAN license allows you to use both the Windows software and the handheld software.
- Are there advantages of one rather than the other ?
- The Windows software is faster and more powerful, but has to run on a Windows computer, which may be bulky and require a cabled or bluetooth barcode reader. The handheld software runs on a portable device, with an inbuilt barcode reader, so is more flexible in it's use around the warehouse.
- How does the licensing work ?
- The Windows software simply uses one HireTrack license, exactly the same as a user running HireTrack does. The handheld software can support two handheld devices without utilising a HireTrack license and then uses one HireTrack license per five handheld devices. e.g If you own one or two HandHeld devices, you will utilise zero HireTrack licences, if you own somewhere between three and eight handheld devices, then you will utilise a total of one HireTrack license and if you own between nine and fourteen hand held devices, you will utilise a total of two HireTrack licenses